Important Notice Concerning Customer Privacy
Last updated July 6, 2016
Information We Collect
When you visit our website or contact us, we receive and collect certain information about you. The information that we receive and collect depends in part on what you do when you visit our website or how you contact us. For example, if you should sign up for newsletters, or when you use the Contact Us tool to request information or make specific inquiries regarding any of our products or services. In these instances you may provide personally identifiable information such as your name, address, e-mail address and other similar information. This website requires users to register to receive full access to the website. Registration requires users to submit their name, address, e-mail address and other related information.
We will limit the information we collect about you to what is necessary to administer our business, provide superior service, offer opportunities that we think would be of benefit to our clients and customers, improve the customer experience of this website, and ensure technological compatibility with your computer, cell phone, or other electronic or mobile device (collectively, “Computer”).
Automatically Collected Information
Every time you visit this website or contact us, some information is automatically collected about you. This information may include, but is not limited to, some or all of the following items: the specific pages, buttons, images, videos, links, or forms that you access on this website; the type and version of Internet browser software and operating system you use; date, time, and duration of your website visit; your IP address; your domain; type of Computer (e.g. laptop, tablet, smartphone); mobile carrier and/or Internet service provider; the location of your Computer, and demographic information concerning the country of origin of your Computer and the languages it uses.
This website does not respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms regarding the collection of personal information.
Information Collected via Cookies
How we use and share your information
Most of the information we collect is used to help deliver the services that our clients and customers request. It also may permit us to design and offer specific products and services that will be useful to our clients, our clients' customers, and our customers, or that provide benefits, additional value or discounts. From time to time, we may share information that personally identifies you to Cross Country affiliates and to other non-affiliated entities including in the following manner:
- As may be required to deliver the requested services including sharing selected information with vendors offering discount programs, roadside assistance providers, emergency service providers, first responders, our wireless service providers, credit card processors, data management companies, and others;
- In response to judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order or other legal process;
- To comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities;
- To protect the rights or property of Cross Country, its clients, suppliers or customers, and to enforce the provisions of our terms or policies, in cases of customer fraud or disputes, and/or to prevent harm to you or others;
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of some or all of our equity and /or assets, or other corporate change of control, including, during the course of any due diligence process related to such corporate change;
- For marketing and other business purposes; or
- As permitted or required by law or as authorized by you.
- Some of our services may rely upon location information, including requests to locate a roadside customer or use of smart phone apps. To provide such services, we (and our affiliates, clients and partners) may transmit, collect, maintain, process and use your location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Computer (including your cell phone). Your request for services through this website or your Computer (including your cell phone) constitutes your consent for us (and our affiliates, clients and partners) to transmit, collect, maintain, process and use of your location data to provide you with such services.
- You agree that we may collect and use technical and related information, including but not limited to information about your Computer, system, application software, peripherals, and other similar information that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to this website. We may also use this information to operate and improve this website, our products and/or services or to provide better services or technologies to you moving forward; to create aggregated and anonymized information to determine which features of the website are most popular, useful to users, and for other statistical analysis; and to customize the content or services in this website for you.
- You acknowledge and agree that communications, including phone calls or “chat” services, with us or our third party agents may be monitored, recorded and retained by Cross Country.
Our definition of personally identifiable information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or customers, from which individual customer identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no personally identifiable information will be included in the resulting data. Likewise, information about the products you purchase may be collected and combined with information about the products purchased by others. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires.
Likewise, information about the products you purchase may be collected and combined with information about the products purchased by others. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires.
We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving information or to request that information not be shared with third parties by giving you an opportunity to inform us of your decision.
If you do not want to receive promotional emails, you should: (a) click the provided “unsubscribe” link in any email to unsubscribe; or (b) write us at Cross Country Perks, P.O. Box 9105, Medford, MA 02155. If you have more than one email address, you will need to specifically opt-out for each email address.
You may have “opted-out” of receiving certain information when you first enrolled in a membership program offered by or through Cross Country, or offered by our corporate clients, or by our independent service providers. Please note that with respect to this website, registering in the Cross Country Perks program will supersede your prior selection to opt-out.
Edit your Registration Information
You may edit your Cross Country Perks member registration information and preferences, including whether you want us to contact you about special offers and products, at the Cross Country Perks “My Account Page”.
We maintain security standards that are designed to help us protect your information. While we use such security standards, we cannot guarantee that personally identifiable information you submit on this website will be secure, or that the services will be uninterrupted or error-free.
As part of your membership benefits you will be provided with discounts and other benefits through one or more third party websites. Cross Country makes no representations whatsoever about any other websites that you may have accessed our website from or may access through this website. Cross Country is not responsible for the privacy practices, security or content of those websites and Cross Country expressly disavows any liability whatsoever for use of such websites. We are not responsible for any additional information you provide directly to these third parties through the use of their websites and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to them. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of items of a destructive nature.
Notice to Persons Accessing this Website Outside the United States
If you reside outside the U.S., any information you provide to us on this website will be transferred out of your country and into the U.S. If you do not want your personally identifiable information to leave your country, do not provide the information to us. By providing personally identifiable information to us, you explicitly consent to the transfer of your information to the U.S. Personally identifiable information collected on Cross Country sites and services may be stored and processed in the U.S. or any other country in which Cross Country or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities.
Use of this Website by Children
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children's use of the Internet. We do not intend to collect information from children who are under 14 years of age. If you are under 14, you should not provide information on this website and should ask your parent to do so for you.
Questions, Corrections and Removal
Cross Country Perks
P.O. Box 9105
Medford, MA 02155
Cross Country Motor Club, Inc., Cross Country Motor Club of California, Inc., Agero Administrative Service Corp. (dba Cross Country Service Corp.) and Agero Customer Services, Inc. (dba Cross Country Services) are subsidiaries of Agero, Inc.
© 2016 Agero, Inc. All rights reserved.